Twelve Kuwaiti opposition activists handed themselves in to police custody Wednesday after they were summoned for questioning over the storming parliament last month, their lawyer said.
Three others were expected to surrender later, said lawyer Al-Humaidi al-Subaie, who added that a total of 59 activists had been summoned for questioning over the incident.
Forty-four activists have already been questioned, some of them detained for several days before they were all freed on bail of $3,600 each.
The prosecutor is expected to interrogate the men on charges of storming parliament, damaging public property and assaulting police, said Subaie, who heads the legal team defending the men.
Hundreds of opposition activists overran parliament on November 16 after clashes with riot police that followed a large protest to demand the resignation of the prime minister and the dissolution of parliament.
Former prime minister Sheikh Nasser Mohammad al-Ahmad Al-Sabah resigned November 28 while Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad Al-Sabah dissolved parliament last week.
The new prime minister, Sheikh Jaber Mubarak Al-Sabah, formed a new cabinet on Tuesday which included most of the ministers in the previous government. All key ministers retained their posts.
The new cabinet is expected shortly to approve a decree setting the date for the new elections, the fourth in less than six years.